About the Role
The Accounting Manager is responsible for directing all Accounts Payable / Receivable functions and processes. Ensure accurate records and control reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee invoices are appropriate to pay and are accurate per contracts and policies.
• Manage collection activities while ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices, expense vouchers, and confirming receipt of valid Certificate of Insurance (COI).
• Research and rectify A/P & A/R processing issues as they arise.
• Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
• Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
• Make inquiries for any discrepancies in reporting.
• Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
• Assist with external audits as needed.
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement system efficiencies, and implementing new processes.
• Prepares and/or reviews reconciliations of key general ledger accounts.
• Oversee payments of all accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid on time.
• Audit the work of the accounting department.
• Involved in the hiring process, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
• Takes the initiative to identify problems, uses judgement to find appropriate solutions and follows through on resolving issues on a timely manner.
• Notify CFO of purchases that exceed $10,000 made in the Purchasing department and purchases made for projects without signed contracts or payments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Employee assistance program
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
• 5 + years working in the Accounting field required.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirement.
• Prior management or supervisory experience required.
• Experience in events, equipment rental, or construction type industry preferred.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) required.
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen if required.
• Bilingual English and Spanish required.
About the Company